In 2014, Bel launched a materiality analysis to identify the priority challenges to focus on through its CSR initiative. The goal is to ensure greater consistency between the Group's growth ambitions and its CSR performance.
The Group consulted 170 internal and external stakeholders as part of a representative sample of the various geographical regions where Bel operates.
The identified areas of priority:
- Be a committed employer that listens to its employees;
- Act on behalf of the communities where the Group is located;
- Reduce the Group's environmental footprint;
- Sell recipes suited to basic nutritional needs and consumer expectations;
- Contribute to reducing food loss and waste;
- Ensure the quality, safety and complete traceability of its products;
- Provide clear information to consumers to enable them to make informed food choices.